Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great way to add a different taste to your BBQ ribs while still having that sticky sweet sauce everyone loves. This uses fantastic Midwest raised pork along with Lemons from lovely Florida or California to make a dish you won't soon forget.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place pork in Dutch oven or large stockpot; add enough water to cover pork; heat to boiling and reduce heat to low; cover pork and simmer 1-1/2 hours until ribs are tender.
- Remove pork to 13x9" glass baking dish.
- Mix lemonade concentrate, barbecue sauce, hot sauce and pepper and pour over spareribs, turning to coat; cover dish and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- When ready to grill, prepare and heat grill and remove pork from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Grill pork, meaty sides up, uncovered, 4" from medium hot heat for 30 minutes, turning often and brushing frequently with marinade until ribs are glazed and hot.