1/5 Photos of Lemony Baked Tofu
1 hr 15 mins
Yummy as a snack, sandwich filling, or topping for salads! It's got lots of flavor and holds it's shape well. A choice is given for two very different but equally inviting marinades. Be sure not to use an aluminum baking pan! Use the smallest baking pan you have that will hold the tofu in a single layer. An 8" square pan and a 7x9" pan both work fine. Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
Spicy Cilantro Lemon Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or 1 fresh green chile, seeded, minced)
Rosemary Lemon Marinade
- 1Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- 2Cut the tofu cake horizontally into four slices and set aside. Choose a marinade and whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour half in a small nonreactive baking pan. Place the tofu slices in the pan and pour on the remaining marinade.
- 3Bake 45-60 minutes, turning the tofu once after about 30 minutes. The baked tofu should be browned, bubbling, and curling up at the edges.
- 4Remove from the oven and with a metal spatula, move the tofu slices to a serving platter.
- 5Serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- 6The tofu will keep in an airtight contaiiner or plastic bag in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Baked Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (864 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2057.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.7 g