1/2 Photos of Lemony Artichoke and Onion Gratin
Found this in the Baltimore Sunpapers, happened to have all the ingredients, and the whole family enjoyed it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4 " slices
- 2 (850.48 g) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 44.37 ml snipped parsley
- 4.92 ml herbes de provence
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1Butter-spray 1 1/2 quart au gratin dish.
- 2In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, stirring occasionally, until beginning to carmelize, 5-10 minutes. Add artichokes, garlic, and lemon peel and cook 1 minute. Add wine, parsley, and herbes de Provence: bring to boil. Reduce by half, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs and cheeses in a small bowl. Drizzle remaining olive oil over crumb mixture; toss until breadcrumbs have absorbed all oil. Season with more pepper.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Transfer artichoke mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Artichoke and Onion Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence