Recipe by NurseJaney
Found this in the Baltimore Sunpapers, happened to have all the ingredients, and the whole family enjoyed it.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good!! I made 1/2 the recipe since I am the only one who eats artichokes. I like the tang that the lemon adds. I got herbs de provence from th spice swap so it was perfect since I have never tried it before. Will make again!! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #49.
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4 " slices
- 2 (850.48 g) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 44.37 ml snipped parsley
- 4.92 ml herbes de provence
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter-spray 1 1/2 quart au gratin dish.
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, stirring occasionally, until beginning to carmelize, 5-10 minutes. Add artichokes, garlic, and lemon peel and cook 1 minute. Add wine, parsley, and herbes de Provence: bring to boil. Reduce by half, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheeses in a small bowl. Drizzle remaining olive oil over crumb mixture; toss until breadcrumbs have absorbed all oil. Season with more pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer artichoke mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Serve warm.