Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know this recipe has a ton of ingredients, but it's great for those trying to cook with only fresh foods. You can leave one or two things out for a more simple dish. I love the texture of the silken tofu in the sauce and its spring green color due to the cilantro.
- 12 ounces firm tofu, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro (reserve about 1/4 for garnish)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, about 6 inches cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 10 ounces any spaghetti or 10 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup stringed snow peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced in thin strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large chopped tomato
- Brown firm tofu in a skillet with 1 tablespoons olive oil, or use pre-baked tofu.
- In blender or food processor, blend the cilantro, lemongrass, garlic, chili, lime juice, soy milk, and silken tofu.
- Place mixture in a bowl with the cooked tofu and set aside to marinate.
- Cook pasta as directed, toss with sesame oil immediately and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or wok. Add ginger, soy sauce, snow peas, bell pepper, carrot, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu with sauce mixture and tomato. Stir fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl and pour the vegetable tofu mixture on top. Sprinkle on the remaining cilantro leaves.