I know this recipe has a ton of ingredients, but it's great for those trying to cook with only fresh foods. You can leave one or two things out for a more simple dish. I love the texture of the silken tofu in the sauce and its spring green color due to the cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces firm tofu, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro (reserve about 1/4 for garnish)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, about 6 inches cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 10 ounces any spaghetti or 10 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup stringed snow peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced in thin strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1Brown firm tofu in a skillet with 1 tablespoons olive oil, or use pre-baked tofu.
- 2In blender or food processor, blend the cilantro, lemongrass, garlic, chili, lime juice, soy milk, and silken tofu.
- 3Place mixture in a bowl with the cooked tofu and set aside to marinate.
- 4Cook pasta as directed, toss with sesame oil immediately and set aside.
- 5Heat olive oil in large skillet or wok. Add ginger, soy sauce, snow peas, bell pepper, carrot, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the tofu with sauce mixture and tomato. Stir fry another 2-3 minutes.
- 7Place pasta in large serving bowl and pour the vegetable tofu mixture on top. Sprinkle on the remaining cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Tofu Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1059.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: