Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
The simplest and easiest way to infuse the flavor of lemongrass into chicken. A southeast Asian recipe from Mark Bittman.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Spread the lemongrass in the skillet.
- When lemongrass begins to fry and is fragrant, place the chicken, skin side down over the lemongrass.
- Turn the heat to medium, cover.
- Cook, turning and basting with the soy sauce every 10 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Discard the lemongrass and serve the chicken with lime wedges and cilantro.
I made this with chicken breast, proportions as given but double lemon grass and it was nice immediately after cooking but a few hours after it got really really dry, impossible to eat. I guess you should not attempt it with chicken breast. Maybe I will try it again one day with chicken legs.
This was very good. The chicken was super tender and basting with soy sauce made a delicious glaze. Made for ZWT6.
This meal rocked! I followed it as it was and it was fun to make and the flavors were excellent. We had it with jasmine rice and steamed baby bok choy tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper! Thanks Susie.