1/2 Photos of Lemongrass-Steamed Chicken
susie cooks's Note:
The simplest and easiest way to infuse the flavor of lemongrass into chicken. A southeast Asian recipe from Mark Bittman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Put oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Spread the lemongrass in the skillet.
- 5When lemongrass begins to fry and is fragrant, place the chicken, skin side down over the lemongrass.
- 6Turn the heat to medium, cover.
- 7Cook, turning and basting with the soy sauce every 10 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- 8Discard the lemongrass and serve the chicken with lime wedges and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass-Steamed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.6
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 896.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: