Recipe by zaar junkie
I made this today and it turned out well. Let it sit overnight in your refrigerator for the best flavor.
Top Review by aihfl
I really had high hopes for this recipe as tom yum is one of my favorite Thai soups. I'm not a very creative cook, though, and follow recipes to the letter, and this one turned out bland and watery. I was able to make it palatable by adding a second tablespoon of both veggie stock base and oyster sauce and lots of extra lime juice. If anyone knows where I might have gone wrong, please, by all means point it out to me. Thanks.
- 10 -12 cups water
- 1 tablespoon better than bullion vegetable stock base
- 4 stalks lemongrass, smashed
- 2 inches ginger, sliced
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun luck chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 -2 dash sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons coconut milk
- lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and smash lemongrass stocks, then tie in a knot and boil with ginger in water (with veggie stock paste) for 30 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass and ginger.
- Add mushrooms, tofu, garlic, garlic chili sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, and black pepper. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for better flavor.