From the blog Pig Pig's Corner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring milk, heavy cream and lemongrass to a simmer. Remove from heat and let steep, covered for about 30 minutes Strain cream mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- 2Generously butter a bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
- 3Sift together cake flour and baking powder. Repeat sifting into another bowl. Flour will have been sifted 3 times total.
- 4Beat together butter and sugar at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Reduce speed to low and add half of the flour, then all of the cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- 7Scrape down side of bowl, then beat at medium-high speed for about 2 minutes Batter will become creamier and satiny.
- 8Pour batter into buttered and dusted pan and hit pan against work surface once or twice lightly to eliminate any air bubbles.
- 9Bake at a 160°C pre-heated oven until golden brown and a wooden pick or a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake (about 20-25 mins).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.1
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.1 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: