Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the blog Pig Pig's Corner
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 220 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs (about 200 g)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bashed
- 250 g cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a saucepan, bring milk, heavy cream and lemongrass to a simmer. Remove from heat and let steep, covered for about 30 minutes Strain cream mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Generously butter a bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
- Sift together cake flour and baking powder. Repeat sifting into another bowl. Flour will have been sifted 3 times total.
- Beat together butter and sugar at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of the flour, then all of the cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape down side of bowl, then beat at medium-high speed for about 2 minutes Batter will become creamier and satiny.
- Pour batter into buttered and dusted pan and hit pan against work surface once or twice lightly to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake at a 160°C pre-heated oven until golden brown and a wooden pick or a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake (about 20-25 mins).
We really enjoyed this cake. It was fairly simple to make and your directions were straightforward. I used this cake for my daughter's 7th birthday with a cream cheese frosting and decorated it to look like a swimming pool with octopus and swedish fish candy. It was very special and very memorable. Thank you for helping me celebrate my little girls birthday! I will post a picture later. Made for ZWT9 for team Tasty Testers.