bluemoon downunder's Note:
A Vietnamese-influenced recipe midweek meal. Serve with a salad platter featuring mint, coriander, pineapple, mung bean sprouts, lime wedges and roasted peanuts. Another recipe from the first edition - September 2005 - of the new Australian magazine 'Notebook: ideas for living'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil, plus
- extra peanut oil, for cooking
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 750 g pork fillets, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces (an inch and a bit)
- 400 g dried rice noodles, cooked and drained, following packet instructions
- chili sauce, to serve
- 1Place the skewers in a bowl, cover with water and soak for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, process the lemongrass, turmeric, garlic, fish sauce, sugar oil and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until the mixture has the consistency of a paste.
- 3Place the paste and the pork in a bowl and stir until all the pork pieces are well-coated with the paste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Pre-heat a BBQ or chargrill on a medium-high heat.
- 5Thread 3 pieces of pork onto each skewer, lightly brush with oil and, turning often, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 6Divide the noodles among the individual serving bowls, top with the kebabs, and serve with the chilli sauce, and a green salad, or with a platter of salad greens, pineapple pieces, roasted peanuts and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Pork Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 1146.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 43.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: