Prep 3 hrs
Cook 14 mins
Pork and Asian food seem to go hand in hand. This is a great recipe with lots of Asian flavor. Great on the grill.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only,sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 4 center-cut pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 4 -6 sprigs cilantro (for garnish)
- In a small bowl, mash garlic with sugar and pepper.
- Add the sliced lemongrass, fish sauce, sesame oil, and wine, mixing thoroughly.
- Place chops in marinade and refrigerate for 3-6 hours.
- Remove chops from refrigerator, discard marinade, pat chops dry, and bring up to room temp before cooking.
- Prepare grill, if using.
- Grill or broil 5-7 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.
This is an excellent pork marinade! I made the recipe exactly as is and the flavor is wonderful, although I might add a bit more spice (perhaps use chili sesame oil) next time for my own preferences. The cilantro garnish is a must ( I just sprinkled some chopped up cilantro on top)- it really complements the other flavors.