Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful zingy dressing for noodle salads, green salads - whatever your imagination can come up with. From Terre a Terre
- 3 lemongrass sticks
- 5 fresh lime leaves, spines removed
- 20 g fresh gingerroot, finely grated
- 6 thai pink shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml lime juice
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 100 g coriander, chopped
- 50 g basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chile, finely sliced
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 50 ml olive oil
- 15 g dark brown sugar
- Remove the outer layer of the lemongrass, cut off the hard thinner ends and then crush and chop it.
- Put it in the jug blender with the lime leaves, ginger, shallots, lime and lemon juices and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add the herbs, garlic, chillies, oils and sugar and blend again until you get a beautifully green, smooth, thick dressing.