Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Every time I serve this rice I hear someone at the table say "this is the best rice I have ever had." I hope you get the same reviews!
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked angel hair pasta, broken (about 1 inch long)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only (cut in 2 inch pieces)
- Toast angel hair in toaster oven on light toast setting. Keep a close eye being careful not to burn.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and toasted angelhair and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, water and lemongrass.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes (do not uncover or stir while it cooks).
- Remove from heat and discard lemongrass before serving.
Very easy to make. Cooking time was right on. I toasted the pasta in a dry frying pan. The only change I made was to substitute virgin coconut oil for the butter. But the rice didn't have that much flavor. So I added a little more salt and some lemongrass powder hoping to zing it up a bit. I garnished with toasted unsweetened coconut. If I make this again, I'll add 2-cups of coconut milk and omit the water.
We enjoyed this subtly flavored rice very much. It was very tasty, the perfect foil for the hot n spicy shrimp and broccoli dish I served with it. This recipe was quick and easy to make with lovely results, you could taste hints of the coconut and the lemongrass. I did add more salt and pepper, personal preference only. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game
This is an exceptional rice dish loaded with flavors that my whole family loved. We had along with sauteed shrimp, onions and peapods and we had a feast! Thank you for sharing Nennny!