Recipe by Momma Jenny
Every time I serve this rice I hear someone at the table say "this is the best rice I have ever had." I hope you get the same reviews!
Top Review by Kathy228
Very easy to make. Cooking time was right on. I toasted the pasta in a dry frying pan. The only change I made was to substitute virgin coconut oil for the butter. But the rice didn't have that much flavor. So I added a little more salt and some lemongrass powder hoping to zing it up a bit. I garnished with toasted unsweetened coconut. If I make this again, I'll add 2-cups of coconut milk and omit the water.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked angel hair pasta, broken (about 1 inch long)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only (cut in 2 inch pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast angel hair in toaster oven on light toast setting. Keep a close eye being careful not to burn.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and toasted angelhair and salt.
- Add the coconut milk, water and lemongrass.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes (do not uncover or stir while it cooks).
- Remove from heat and discard lemongrass before serving.