Recipe by Rita~
Lemongrass ginseng tea may be served warm or chilled over ice. Enjoy a cup of ginseng tea every day to incourage good health and increase immunity. Drinking ginseng tea may increase energy, improve the libido, lessen menstrual cramping, relief from hot flashes or to stimulate the brains ability to concentrate. This will keep you awake so be sure to drink early in the day. You can find ginseng in Health food store in tea bags, powdered, extract. Also you can find the root in the Asian section of your grocery store.
- 1 teaspoon dried ginseng roots or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginseng roots
- 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass or 2 teaspoons fresh lemongrass
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 -6 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ginseng, lemongrass, cinnamon, and cardamom to saucepan. Cover with three cups of filtered water.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil over medium-high heat; then reduce to medium-low.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, strain into a clean drinking container and serve sweetened to staste with sugar or honey.
- Garnish with a lemon slice, if desired, for an extra burst of lemon flavor. Lemongrass ginseng tea may be served warm or chilled over ice.