Recipe by Sharon123
These are tangy and refreshing! A great way to cool down spicy dishes. A touch of sesame enriches their flavor. From Fields of Greens cookbook.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemongrass vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Slice diagonally 1/4" thick.
- Toss with the salt, set aside for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Toss the cucumber slices with the vinegar, oil, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve.