Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very impressive, tasty Thai dish.
Make and share this Lemongrass Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup lemongrass, minced (white to light green part only)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup thai roasted chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried red chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup minced chicken
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3⁄4 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 20 green beans, sliced and blanced (or use frozen ones)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup kaffir lime leaf, minced
- Combine lemongrass, lime juice, chilli paste, fish sauce, sugar and dried chilli in a small bowl to make a dressing and set aside.
- Bring the water to the boil in a pot.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Drain and rinse chicken under cold water and drain again.
- Heat a grill pan and spray with oil.
- Cook shrimp until just cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
- Set shrimp aside.
- Spread coconut in a small pan and toast under a broiler until lightly browned, Stir often as it burns easily.
- In a large salad bowl combine the cabbage and beans with the coconut, peanuts, cilantro, onion, mint and lime leaves.
- Add chicken and dressing and toss together well.
- Transfer to the serving platter and top with shrimp.
Easy and delicious! I substituted shelled edamame for the beans, though.