Very impressive, tasty Thai dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, minced (white to light green part only)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup thai roasted chili paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup minced chicken
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3/4 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 20 green beans, sliced and blanced (or use frozen ones)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1/4 cup kaffir lime leaf, minced
- 1Combine lemongrass, lime juice, chilli paste, fish sauce, sugar and dried chilli in a small bowl to make a dressing and set aside.
- 2Bring the water to the boil in a pot.
- 3Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked.
- 4Drain and rinse chicken under cold water and drain again.
- 5Heat a grill pan and spray with oil.
- 6Cook shrimp until just cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
- 7Set shrimp aside.
- 8Spread coconut in a small pan and toast under a broiler until lightly browned, Stir often as it burns easily.
- 9In a large salad bowl combine the cabbage and beans with the coconut, peanuts, cilantro, onion, mint and lime leaves.
- 10Add chicken and dressing and toss together well.
- 11Transfer to the serving platter and top with shrimp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 880.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves