Recipe by mell_2
This is an adapted Martin Yan recipe. I used less oil and coated my wok with Pam. This recipe was delicious. He suggests to serve with an Asian Dipping sauce but we thought it was great without.
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom 4 inches only, finely minced
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 340 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 226.79 g dried rice sticks
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh red jalapeno chiles, seeded and julienned
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 3 green onions, julienned
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic, chilies, and sugar; cook, stirring until garlic is fragrant and sugar begins to caramelize, about 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until surface of chicken turns white, about 1 minute. Add broth; cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink in centre, 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions, fish sauce, and lemon juice; cook for 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir in mint.
- Place noodles on a serving plate and spoon chicken mixture over the top.