Top Review by mersaydees
Delicious! I added the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, and red pepper to a small chopper and chopped. I then added everything else to the chopper and blended it all together. I only used 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce as people either love it or hate it so I try to keep it reasonable. Thanks, gailanng! I just love lemongrass! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #64.
- 3 tablespoons finely-minced lemongrass (fresh or frozen-prepared)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, galangal or 1 thai ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh red chili, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed chili
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coursely-ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- With a pestle & mortar crush together the lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chili together into a paste, then stir in the other ingredients. A mini-food chopper can be used instead or simply mince all ingredients very well by hand and combine in a small bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken, stirring well to coat the meat. Cover and set in the refrigerator to marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.