From Recipe Bridge. See Lemongrass Sweet Chili Sauce or Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for a complimentary dipping sauce. This is one to impress your family. Enough marinade for 1 - 1/4 pound chicken drumettes, wings, thighs or breast meat cut into workable pieces.
- 3 tablespoons finely-minced lemongrass (fresh or frozen-prepared)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, galangal or 1 thai ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh red chili, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed chili
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coursely-ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- With a pestle & mortar crush together the lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chili together into a paste, then stir in the other ingredients. A mini-food chopper can be used instead or simply mince all ingredients very well by hand and combine in a small bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken, stirring well to coat the meat. Cover and set in the refrigerator to marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Delicious! I added the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, and red pepper to a small chopper and chopped. I then added everything else to the chopper and blended it all together. I only used 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce as people either love it or hate it so I try to keep it reasonable. Thanks, gailanng! I just love lemongrass! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #64.
Awesome. I used molasses instead of brown sugar. I marinated 4 breasts in it and should have cut the recipe in half. Great flavor!