Recipe by gailanng
I just purchased a bag of the sweet mini peppers from Walmart for about $3...even cheaper than a package of three-colored bell peppers ounce for ounce. From The National Beef Cookoff.
- 1⁄2 cup sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fresh lemongrass, paste
- 2 tablespoons bottled korean sweet sesame red chili sauce (or see Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
- 1 flank beef steak (about 1 pound)
- 3 teaspoons garlic-flavored olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini sweet peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (sweet mini-peppers orange, yellow, red)
- 2 fresh california avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing, lemon grass paste and red chili sauce in small bowl.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup dressing mixture in medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine cooked beef, peppers, avocados, parsley and remaining dressing mixture in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.