I just purchased a bag of the sweet mini peppers from Walmart for about $3...even cheaper than a package of three-colored bell peppers ounce for ounce. From The National Beef Cookoff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fresh lemongrass, paste
- 2 tablespoons bottled korean sweet sesame red chili sauce (or see Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
- 1 flank beef steak (about 1 pound)
- 3 teaspoons garlic-flavored olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups mini sweet peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (sweet mini-peppers orange, yellow, red)
- 2 fresh california avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1Combine dressing, lemon grass paste and red chili sauce in small bowl.
- 2Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup dressing mixture in medium bowl; mix well.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 4Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- 5Combine cooked beef, peppers, avocados, parsley and remaining dressing mixture in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Beef With Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce
mini sweet peppers