Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is simple and delicious.
- 3 stalks lemongrass, stalks bottom 4 inches only, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted peanuts, crushed (about 1 ounce)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced on the diagonal (optional)
- fresh mint sprig, and
- basil sprig, for serving
- boston lettuce leaf, for serving
- lime wedge, for squeezing
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and oil. Slice beef very thinly against the grain. Add to marinade, and toss. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread beef onto skewers. Grill until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with the remaining ingredients on the side, bundling the meat, cucumber, and herbs inside the lettuce leaves if desired.