Chef #573036's Note:
This recipe is simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 stalks lemongrass, stalks bottom 4 inches only, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, crushed (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced on the diagonal (optional)
- fresh mint sprig, and
- basil sprig, for serving
- boston lettuce leaf, for serving
- lime wedge, for squeezing
- 1Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 2Whisk together lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and oil. Slice beef very thinly against the grain. Add to marinade, and toss. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread beef onto skewers. Grill until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with the remaining ingredients on the side, bundling the meat, cucumber, and herbs inside the lettuce leaves if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass Beef Skewers - Adapted Martha Stewart Living
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 1405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: