Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We grow our own lemongrass, so I was pleased to find this tasty recipe to use some of it! It really is a yummy dish. Prep time doesn't include the marinating time.
- 500 g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 stems lemongrass, white part only,finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 40 ml fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 20 ml oil
- 40 g roasted peanuts, chopped
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (except the oil and peanuts) in a bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stirfry the beef in a few batches for about 3 minutes or until just browned.
- Move the meat constantly around the wok, so the onion and lemongrass don't catch and burn.
- Return the meat to the wok, and add the peanuts.
- Serve at once over rice or noodles, garnished with chopped cilantro if you wish.