Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe, episode "Takeout Fakeout." http://bit.ly/PbnTLV
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 stems lemongrass, bruised and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chili pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 3 inches fresh ginger, cut in 6 slices
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cups chopped rainbow chard leaves, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepot, combine stock, water, lemongrass, garlic, chile and sliced ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Steep aromatics in broth 5-6 minutes. Remove and discard solids.
- Cut remaining piece of ginger into thin matchsticks and add to broth. Turn off heat. Beat eggs with cornstarch. Stir broth vigorously to form a vortex and drizzle eggs into soup. Add scallions and chard, and serve at once.