Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lemongrass and ginger drink is served in spas and resorts across Southeast Asia. It is a simple 3 ingredient drink which can be served either hot or cold.
- 2 sticks lemongrass, trim the base and remove outer skin, cut to 6-inch length and bruise the white part
- 1 inch old ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups water
- Put water, lemongrass and ginger into a pot. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Lower heat and continue to boil for another 20 minutes.
- The ginger will begin to bloom and fragrant. The tea will have reduced to 3 cups.
- Add in brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or left to cool and topped with ice cubes before serving.