1/2 Photos of Lemongrass and Beer Shrimp
This is a dish with layered flavors; a complex taste yet so easy to prepare. I use a light Belgian beer (Hoegaarden) for this one but any light (not necessarily LITE) beer should do (if I was in the US, I might try Corona?). I like to serve these with sesame noodles on the side. Preparation time DOES include 30 minutes marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl large enough to hold the shrimp, mix the garlic, sugar, fish sauce and lime zest.
- 2Peel away and discard the tough outer layers of the lemongrass stalks, till you reach the tender centers; finely mince these and add to the marinade.
- 3Add shrimp, mix well and allow to stand 30 minutes, refrigerated.
- 4When ready to cook, heat the oil in a wok; when smoking add the shrimps with marinade and cook until they are just pink on both sides (2-3 minutes, stirring all the while.
- 5Add the beer, cover and "steam" on a high heat for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of your shrimp).
- 6You probably will have a quantity of liquid remaining in the wok, so remove the shrimps with a slotted spoon.
- 7Serve immediately with lemon or lime halves if desired.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass and Beer Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 1730.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: