- 1⁄2 lb butter, soften
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest, you may reduce it if you like
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned and pat dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt the chicken inside out.
- Mix butter and lemon zest.
- Rub butter mixture on to the chicken an inside the skin.
- Slice the lemon and insert it in side the chicken. tie the chicken like a parcel and insert lemon slice between the strings.
- Sprinkle generously rosemary onto the chicken.
- Roast at 160c-180c for 1 1/2 hours.