Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious drink for a hot summer day with friends. Use a shot of Bacardi Limon per glass. You can use sugar but I used equal part Splenda and could not tell the difference.................maybe because I had one too many of these? LOL! You can use other lime based products but the Bacardi one gives it a lovely hint of spice and richness.
- 3 cups water (cold)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 lime slices (for garnish)
- 1 sprig of fresh mint (for garnish)
- Mix together the water, lemon juice and sugar in a large pitcher until sugar is disolved. Chill till cold.
- At serving time add the rum, lime slices and fresh mint for garnish.
Yummy lemonade! The Bacardi Limon is perfect in this drink because it's so smooth. Very refreshing on a hot afternoon. These were a perfect lunchtime treat. Thanks Joan! Made for PAC Fall 2008.