Recipe by Chabear01
Another DaVita recipe, for renal and diabetic renal patients. Although my late Dear Sweet Eddiebear was not wild about chicken because he got so much of it, I was able to get him to eat it if I cooked it this way for him, and he liked it served with rice(another one of those things served more often than he cared for) Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Be sure to check for doneness in 20 minutes if using pieces. Carbohydrate content is less than 1 gram if sugar free lemonade is used.
- 24 chicken wings or 24 chicken drummettes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup lemonade (regular or diet)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken wings in a baking dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a sauce pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Test for doneness.
- Serve hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot until ready to serve.