Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- Cream butter with sugar utnil the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and add to the creamed mixture, alternately with 1/2 cup of the lemonade concentrate.
- Set the rest of the concentrate aside to use later.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn brown.
- Take the cookies from the oven, and while they are still warm, brush them with the remaining concentrate and sprinkle lightly with sugar.