Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- Cream butter with sugar utnil the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and add to the creamed mixture, alternately with 1/2 cup of the lemonade concentrate.
- Set the rest of the concentrate aside to use later.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn brown.
- Take the cookies from the oven, and while they are still warm, brush them with the remaining concentrate and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Yummy! Soft sugar cookie with lemony flavor heightened by the lemonade concentrate drizzle. Great treat for the lunchboxes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!