Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh lemonade served in pint sized mason jars. Taken from the BHG/Kraft summertime mailer. Note: cook time is cooling time.
- 3 cups lemon juice (freshly squeezed, approx 14 to 15 lemons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water (10 cups)
- ice cube
- 4 lemons, cut in large chunks (or slices)
- 1 bunch mint sprig, fresh
- In a medium saucepan combine lemon juice and sugar or honey; heat and stir just until sugar or honey is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Transfer to a storage container and cover and chill up to 2 days.
- To serve, combine lemonade base and water.
- Fill pint size, screw-top, mason jars with ice, lemon chunks and mint.
- Add lemonade mixture.
- Cover and shake to mix.
- Serving suggestion: Fill an old tin tub with ice and sit the filled and covered mason jars into the bucket to chill.
- Great idea for a picnic!