Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This scone is so simple to make. I have also made it with frozen limeade.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemonade
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to a smooth dough.
- Put onto a floured board and cut out with smooth straight sides with a scone cutter or floured glass.
- Put on a cookie sheet just touching.
- Brush tops with milk or a mixture of egg and milk. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until tops are light brown.