Recipe by Watkinslady30
Hardly a salad, more like a dessert. Just a refreshing dessert that can be made ahead for a bit of summer anytime. No need to heat up the kitchen, let the refrigerator do most of the work. From Taste of Home publication.
- 2 1⁄4 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs, about 64 crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 -8 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and lemonade concentrate until smooth. (The mixture will begin to thicken).
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with oranges and cherries.