Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a Kraft Interactive Kitchen recipe, posted per a request for glazed cake recipes. Not exactly a cake for the fat-and-calorie conscious, but very good nonetheless. Moist,lemony and sweet, a regular in my cake recipe rotation.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt or fluted tube pan.
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup drink mix, eggs, cold water, and oil in large bowl on low speed for one minute, then on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes, or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving platter with a lip to catch the glaze.
- If you try to remove the cake from the pan too soon, you're risking losing the top"skin" of it (not such a big deal with a frosted cake, but makes for a not-so-cute glazed cake).
- While cake is cooling, dissolve remaining 1/4 cup drink mix in warm water in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in powdered sugar until well blended (no lumps).
- Prick warm cake at 1-inch intervals with a skewer completely through to the bottom of the cake.
- Gradually spoon glaze over warm cake, allowing for absorption time between spoonfuls.
- Store at room temperature.
I used strawberry-lemonade mix. A bit dissappointed that it did not have more lemon flavor! Will tweak with more lemons next time! Easy recipe!
Fabulous cake to make for summertime picnics! I would advise putting newspaper underneath the cake before you glaze it, I ended up with the biggest mess of glaze which had rolled off the cake all over my glass kitchen table - NOT fun to clean up!
I will be happy to give this 5 stars. I like the crisp lemon taste. I only had the pink lemonade too, but it turned out fine.