Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been on hold in an old recipe box of mine for more than 40 years, but as I recall it made for an interesting dessert! Preparation time does not include the time needed to chill the finished pudding!
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Nilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Stir together egg yolks & milk.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on box, BUT USING THE EGG-MILK MIXTURE AS THE LIQUID.
- Add cream cheese & beat smooth with electric mixer, then stir in lemonade concentrate.
- Cover surface with waxed paper & cool 10 minutes, then beat smooth again.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into pudding & set aside.
- Combine crumbs, nuts & butter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 crumb mixture EITHER into a serving dish OR into 6 sherbet glasses.
- Spoon in pudding, then top with remaining crumb mixture, then chill in frig.
Have to say this made us pucker, we did like the addition of the vanilla pudding mix here. Made this exactly down the line. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.
This is very similar to a lemon curd recipe that I make from scratch. I liked the creaminess that the cream cheese provided! Rather than cookie/nut crumble, I topped ours with fresh raspberries. Delicious lemonade pudding, Syd! Thanks!
A good little puckering dessert. we made this to specs, with the exception of the crust, which we just crumbled graham crackers and layered in a sherbert glass with the pudding mixture. This has a flavor of a lemon cheesecake and lemonade, and definite pucker power. :)