Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe starts with a cake mix and is enhanced by adding sour cream, lemonade and cream cheese. So good!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil, then dust with flour.
- Shake out the excess flour and set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, sour cream, lemonade concentrate, cream cheese, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until it tests done.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by whisking the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind in a medium mixing bowl.
- Turn the cake out onto a serving platter and spoon the glaze over the top.
This recipe was handed down by my husband's great aunt. Her recipe calls for an icing of 1 c. sugar, 1 c. sour cream, but I do not recommend it! We use a plain powder sugar glaze. Also, ours calls for baking 60-90 min. and beating it on high for 4 minutes until it is fluffy. This may help the difficulty some are dealing with! Thanks for posting, Marie.
Not sure what went wrong for me, but we were very dissaponted. We love anything Lemon. The cake took 50 min. My oven Temp. Is perfect.!! It tested done but after we cut it ,the top (which had been the bottom) was gluey!? Also I expect a Lemon Cake to be yellow! Not sure why a White cake mix was used, but I will try anything. I am going to give this another try though. Maybe something was wrong with my cake mix?
Fantastic! I would give it more than five if I could. Easy, easy, easy and sooooo yummy. I actually used limeade mix because it was what I had in the freezer. Great cake. I know I will make often. My husband loved it!