Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
Very tasty for picnics and Sunday dinners at home!
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 -4 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Refrigerate 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate for basting. Pour remaining concentrate into a large resealable plastic bag and add garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear, basting with reserved lemonade concentrate every 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
great recipe - of course i am a lazy cooker so i didnt fry the chicken but put strate int the oven - even my family who are tierd of me making lemon chicken that is too sour to eat enjoyed this dish!