Recipe by Bev
This Lemonade Pie has a meringue topping to make it a beautiful sight as well as a delightful ending to your meal!
Top Review by Cookin' Mommy
I would give this pie many more stars if I could! Wonderful pie, thank you so much for posting this recipe. A creamy lovely lemon filling that makes a beautiful pie. The only problem I had was I turned the heat up a bit to high and my filling started to get a little clumpy. When pouring the filling in the pie shell I used a wire strainer and that worked great. If you enjoy lemon meringue pie do give this pie a try!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4 1⁄2 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream and slightly-beaten egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Stir in pudding mix, lemonade and milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat and spoon into pastry shell.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Spread on top of hot filling, sealing meringue to the edges of the pastry.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and chill.
- Note: Meringues- How to Make Them Perfect: Separate eggs while cold.
- Use a deep, narrow bowl and electric mixer.
- Add salt and cream of tartar when foamy.
- Add sugar when whites hold soft peaks.
- Bake on highest rack in oven.
- Cool baked meringue at room temperature, then refriegerate if necessary.