Recipe by Stano
I have seen variations of this recipe around for years. This one I found in Linda Larsen’s Guide to Busy Cooks. This recipe works with pork chops and chicken. The grilled melons are a great side to this meal.
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade or 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 honeydews or 1⁄4 casaba melon, peeled, cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe, peeled, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- For this recipe you will need two basting brushes. Be careful not to use the brush for the meat on the melons.
- In small bowl combine concentrate, basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in oil while whisking. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside for brushing melons. Pour remaining marinade into zip lock heavy duty plastic bag. Add pork chops, seal, refrigerate, and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare and pre-heat grill.
- Drain pork and discard marinade from bag, reserving 1/4 cup marinade for brushing meat. Place pork chops on grill, cover and grill pork 4-5" from medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning once and brushing 2-3 times with reserved 1/4 cup of meat marinade. Add melon wedges to grill over high heat for last 3 minutes of cooking, turning and brushing 2-3 times with reserved melon marinade until hot. Melons should soften significantly when done.