Recipe by WJKing
This is SO yummy - and EASY to prepare! - A nice twist from the usual lemonade. GREAT in warm weather! ENJOY! Prep time doesn't include 15-30 minute "rest" time for fruit/sugar.
Top Review by flower7
This was lovely and refreshing but very labor intensive (even cutting the recipe down). I cut the recipe to a quarter and used 1 1/4 oranges and lemons and 1 lime with 1/2 cup sugar and 3 cups water. Macerated the fruit slices in a 1 gallon plastic ice cream bucket then squeezed the juice into the bucket before adding the water and straining into a pitcher to remove the pulp left behind from the squeezing. Next time I make this I will try some other method for squeezing the fruits than by hand as it was hard on my hands after a while. Would be nice with some kind of liquor added. Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice lemons, limes& oranges thinly.
- Place into a gallon container, saving some of each fruit for garnish if you wish.
- Add sugar and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from sliced fruit (by hand) into gallon container.
- Discard rinds.
- (rinse first to preserve sugar as you wish) Add water to juice& sugar mixture.
- Serve on ice w/ fruit slices.