This recipe came from a late 30's era cookbook that belonged to my grandmother. Making the syrup is more time consuming, but it makes the best lemonade, because the sugar has been heated and disolved
- To make the syrup, gently boil 4 cups sugar and 4 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a clean container and refrigerate.
- To mix lemonade, combine all ingredients, and chill.
- Add freshly sliced lemon rind.
- I have also prepared this recipe using"Splenda" instead of sugar--it came out a little too sweet for my tastes, so I add extra lemon juice.