Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a very refreshing dessert on those hot summer days
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1 quart frozen yogurt (lemon or vanilla work best)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a 9" square pan.
- Beat the lemonade and yogurt until well blended and spread over crumb mixture.
- Freeze until set, usually about 3-4 hours.
- Serve with whipped topping, sprinkled with lemon zest.
Served this dessert at a BBQ yesterday and it was a terrific hit, even with people who don't normally eat dessert. Just 1 small change, I used the vanilla yogurt and thought this might diminish the lemon taste, so I added the zest of 1/2 large lemon to the yogurt misture.....it was very lemony and delicious. Also, strawberries have just come into season here and we offered a bowl of plain strawberries for people to pile on top......everyone loved it, wanted the recipe.....thanks for a delicious lemon dessert.