Recipe by 2Bleu
Love lemons? Then this is for you! You can make the full-fat version if your not diet conscience, but if you are, these are pretty low calorie muffins that will wow you. :)
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
Very lemony! We used the low-fat sour cream and used reduced fat cream cheese as well. Never missed the fat! The kids couldn't wait for the cupcakes to cool and be frosted. So they had to have one warm, no frosting, and they didn't complain. In fact, they begged for another! Very simple to put together. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR.
- 2 tablespoons frozen sugar-free lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F Combine cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or til done. Set on a rack to cool.
- LEMON ICING: In a large bowl, cream together all ingredients until thick, smooth, and spreadable. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.