Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Southern Living at Home printed this recipe, which I have not tried yet. This looks like fun to bake with the kids!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- chewy decorative candies
- colored crystal sugar, and
- candy sprinkles
- Remove 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate from can, and reserve for another use.
- Combine remaining concentrate, cake mix, and next 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened.
- Beat at high speed 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread evenly with frosting.
- Garnish, if desired.
These are delicious and very lemony. I used all of the lemonade and it turned out fine. Making for my daughter's first birthday party!
I tried this recipe and the cupcakes were delicious!