Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, zest
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, sugar and 3/4 c of lemonade mix together til fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and lemon extract/zest.
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, add dry ingredients to wet til thoroughly combined.
- Form 1-inch balls of dough and roll in 1/2 cup lemonade mix in shallow bowl, place 2- inches apart on well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges just begin to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to rack.
I personally LOVED these cookies! I have been searching the internet for the recipe for weeks. I have made these cookies twice. They have a wonderfully strong lemon flavor. However, it was too strong for my children, so I used 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup powdered lemonade to coat the cookies before they bake. It helps to reduce the initial "lemon-zing". I think that they wre great either way. If you really like lemons this is a recipe for you.
Fabulous lemon flavor! A bit strong for my kids, too, so I rolled the cookies in 1/2 lemonade powder, 1/2 pearl sugar, which gave a nice crystal-y texture on top. Great recipe, this is in our family favorites binder now.