Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are soft and delicious! I found this recipe in a cookbook titled "Treasured Recipes - The Ladies of Sacred Heart" (Houston, Texas). The original recipe said it makes 6 dozen, but I think it only makes 2-3 dozen.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup lemonade concentrate.
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Do not over bake.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- Brush each cookie with remaining lemonade concentrate and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
Made as written, with the addition of 1/2 tsp. lemon zest. The texture is lovely -- got 52 cookies, baked for 9-10 minutes, on the second rack from the top. Was hoping for more pronounced lemon taste, but that may develop in a day or two. Makes a nice change from the usual Christmas plates. Thanks for posting, Kim.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no self-discipline. I almost did not make it past the cookie dough. I must have eaten more than half of the dough. The part that I did bake turned out awesome. If you like tart, this is definitely a recipe for you! I LOVE THESE COOKIES.
I made these for the 4th of July and they were gone in about 15 mins! Luckily I tested 2 when I baked them off or I would have no idea how they tasted! Great recipe!!! Thanks for posting.