Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A nice lemony flavor to spice up plain chicken.
- 2 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Coat chicken thoroughly with the flour and 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Brown chicken pieces on all side in hot oil; drain.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir together the thawed lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and skim fat from reserved liquid.
- Blend cold water slowly into cornstarch and add to hot liquid.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubly.
- Serve gravy over rice.