Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Prep time includes minimum chilling time.
- 1 graham cracker crust or 1 ritz cracker pie crust (see Ritz Cracker Pie Crust (9 Inch))
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar, again
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel, for garnish,optional
- Prepare either the graham or ritz cracker pie crust-set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk in lemonade concentrate and over medium heat bring to a boil.
- Once boiling is reached cook for 1 minute-it should thicken up a bit.
- In a small bowl add eggs and whisk.
- Slowly whisk in about 1/2 of the hot lemon mixture.
- Whisk back into the pan.
- Whisk in lemon rind and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar, salt and sour cream.
- Beat in chilled lemon filling mixing well.
- Spoon into p[repared pie crust and sprinkle with remaining rind.
- Chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- This will keep in the fridge for 4 days.