Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water, hot
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Dissolve Jello in hot water and set aside - DO NOT JELL.
- In a large bowl, mix next 3 ingredients.
- Add Jello and beat together 3 minutes.
- Turn into Bundt pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile: While cake is baking mix next 2 ingredients and let sit. While cake is still warn, loosen it from edges of pan but leave cake in pan.
- Pour lemonade mixture over cake allowing it to run down the sides.
- Save some lemonade mixture. When you turn your cake out onto your, rack put some wax paper under rack and pour saved lemonade mixture over top of cake. This cake is simply divine. Enjoy...
This cake was perfect. My Grandma used to maks a cake like this. The only thing different she did was freeze it after it had cooled and then poured the topping on. So good.
This is the same recipie my grandmother used to make. Any changes to the recipe is to make something that is not lemonade cake. As some reviews say, too sticky or too tart, they're just not doing it right. If one doesn't have the sugar mixture to crystalize on the top of the cake and make the rest of the cake moist, you would just have lemon cake. Then one would just not need to even try this recipe. This is a great recipe.
The cake is very tart and the listed ingredients for the glaze are wrong for sure! The way the recipe says to make the glaze it comes out super runny and so tart you can't eat it, I kept adding powdered sugar to it to try to thicken it, and it never set up enough. I like lemon cake and minus the glaze it wasn't to bad, if I do make this again I will do some major doctoring to the recipe!