Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Connie's recipe from family collection.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade, country time
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large mixer bowl. Blend well; then beat at medium speed of electric mix for 4 minutes. Pour into grased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clearn. Do not underbake. Cool in pan about 5 minutes; then thoroughly prick warm cake with toothpick completely through to bottom of cake.
- While cake is cooling, make glaze by combining lemonade, water, and melted butter. Add confectioner's sugar and blend well. Gradually spoon glaze over cake until completely absorbed.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar; if desired.