Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container ready to spread white frosting or 1 container ready to spread lemon frosting
- colored crystal sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cake mix, using water, oil and eggs as directed on package for 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Mix lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar.
- Poke long-tined fork into top of warm cake every 1/2 inch, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
The cake stayed moist, which is what I was going for. The flavor was great, very lemony. I did not frost because I don't care for frosting.
Good cake. Lots of lemon flavor.
A little too lemony for my tastes. I thought it was a little sour and I made it exactly as directed. Others in my family who love lemon desserts were pleased, though. It was easy enough to make and I loved that it was chilled.