Recipe by Chef Wedemeyer
This cake has the zesty lemon flavor and we love to make it for birthday parties since most kids like the tart flavor of the lemonade.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin the boiling water. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix well and add gelatin mixture then beat for 5 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. While cake is still warm and in the pan, puncture cake with the tines of a fork. Then pour lemonade glaze over cake. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.
- To Make Lemonade Glaze: Combine the thawed frozen lemonade with the white sugar and mix thoroughly.