Recipe by *Z*
Adopted recipe. I have made this once and it didn't turn out as it had been written so I have changed a few things. Be sure to grease and flour your pan very well. I have changed the glazing step to hopefully prevent the cake from sticking in the pan. If your cake mix calls for more than 1/4 cup applesauce as the substitution for oil, by all means do that. The cake mix I used only called for 1/4 cup so that is how I rewrote this. I hope the tweaks fix the problems and that you like it!
Top Review by Rita~
Zaney, My cake was also a crumb cake! I really think the last part should be deleted or remove the cooled cake from the pan then pour the glaze over the cake. The glaze causes the cake to stick to the pan. To much sugar! This is a very very lemony cake. My opinion would be skip the concentrate and sugar and sprinkle with powdered sugar. If done this way it a good no fat recipe! I hope this review helps. Sorry I can`t give any stars because I know this is an adopted recipe and it does need to be tweeked. Please keep me informed on what you decide to do with the recipe. Sorry I didn`t take a picture it wouldn`t have be pretty!
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water, hot
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce (in place of oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Dissolve Jello in hot water and set aside to cool.
- DO NOT JELL.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs and applesauce.
- Add cooled Jello.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Turn into Bundt pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile: Mix lemonade concentrate and sugar and let set,optional.
- While cake is still warm, loosen it from edges of pan.
- When completely cooled, turn out onto serving plate.
- You can top with the lemonade concentrate glaze or Cool Whip or just dust with the powdered sugar.