Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A moist lemony quick bread that comes together very quickly using frozen lemonade concentrate. If you like, add some poppy seeds before pouring into the pan. Very good alongside a fruit salad. Nice for coffee (or tea) break.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Spray a 8x4x2" loaf pan with cooking oil spray.
- Combine eggs, oil and 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleam.
- Drizzle remaining lemonade concentrate over HOT bread.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan to cool on wire rack.
This was good. The tart lemon flavor was mostly on the outside of the bread (final step of pouring 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate over top). I even poked holes in the top and poured slowly. Oh well. Still very tasty.
Very moist and very lemony. A wonderful gift bread with or without poppy seeds.